TravelTech Deep Dive Week
With over 2,250 startups, Dublin was ranked in the top 10 of the European Digital City Index 2016 and just outside the world’s top 20 startup ecosystems in reporting firm Compass’s Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2015. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Eventbrite, HubSpot, Twitter, Etsy, Amazon, Stripe and 250 more global tech companies are based in Dublin and employ thousands of techies, marketing and sales people. 80% of the world’s global tech companies have a base in Dublin, more than any other city in the world. This DDW is targeted at traveltech and aviation startups ready to scaleup.
What you get
|Acceleration||Qualified introductions to get leads for your new local clients|
|Soft Landing||Packed agenda so you become familiar with the key players in the ecosystem|
|TravelTech & Aviation specific||Matchmaking with corporates & procurers looking to co-develop solutions in your field|
|Tailored support||Donal Brady from DCU Ryan Academy will be your Scaling Manager|
|Lighthouse community||Our network & Scaling Managers remain at your disposal|
|Travel costs support||Reimbursement of up to 500€ of travel expenses|
Beyond the DDW
By joining our DDW, you will qualify to receive:
- An Europass: access to top 6 EU events & invite-only pitching opportunities
- A ticket to our Scouting Missions beyond the EU: Silicon Valley, New York and Israel
- Access to the Top 10 Lighthouse Awards event and a place in our Hall of Fame
Irelandia Aviation, world’s premier low cost carrier (Ryanair, Tiger Airways, Allegiant, VivaAerobus, etc)
Dublin is home to Traveltech Startups like Boxever, Hostelworld, Datalex and Cartrawler
Some of the Worlds biggest Traveltech MNC’s reside in our capital including Tripadvisor, Uber and Airbnb
3 of the top 5 games companies, such as EA and Activision
9 out of 10 world-leading technology and internet companies such as Facebook and Google
Over 50% of the world’s leading Financial Services firms like JP Morgan Chase and HSBC
Your Scaling Manager in Dublin:
Donal Brady, email@example.com.
DCU Ryan Academy for Entrepreneurs is Ireland’s leading centre for delivering Entrepreneurship and Innovation skills training. It is a not for profit partnership between Dublin City University and the family of the late Tony Ryan, founder of Ryanair. Our aim is to be the leading supporter of entrepreneurship and innovation in Ireland.
DCU Ryan Academy for Entrepreneurs’ achievements:
- Accelerated over 150 startups through Propeller, Female High Fliers and UStart accelerator programmes for innovative start-up businesses.
- The Propeller accelerator programme facilitated early stage investment funding of €1.6M to 38 startups to-date.
- Alumni companies have collectively raised €12.5 million in follow-on funding so far and by the end of 2018 Propeller companies are expected to employ over 100 people.
- Worked with over 200 top scientific researchers from Universities and Institutes of Technology all over Ireland to help commercialize their work.
- The partnership model, bringing DCU and the Ryan family together, has been recognised by the European Commission as a best practice case study in supporting entrepreneurs. In addition, the acclaimed Female High Fliers programme has been heralded as an international best practice case study in supporting Female Entrepreneurship by the European Training Foundation.