DCU Ryan Academy will be the host for the Deep Dive Week for travel tech and aviation startups in Dublin, with Donal Brady as the Scaling Manager responsible for welcoming and facilitating each and every startup’s experience.
DCU Ryan Academy
DCU Ryan Academy for Entrepreneurs is Ireland’s leading centre for delivering Entrepreneurship and Innovation skills training. It is a not for profit partnership between Dublin City University and the family of the late Tony Ryan, founder of Ryanair. Its aim is to be the leading supporter of entrepreneurship and innovation in Ireland.
Achievements include the following:
- Accelerated over 150 startups through Propeller, Female High Fliers and UStart accelerator programmes for innovative start-up businesses.
- The Propeller accelerator programme facilitated early stage investment funding of €1.6M to 38 startups to-date.
- Alumni companies have collectively raised €12.5 million in follow-on funding so far and by the end of 2018 Propeller companies are expected to employ over 100 people.
- Worked with over 200 top scientific researchers from Universities and Institutes of Technology all over Ireland to help commercialize their work.
- The partnership model, bringing DCU and the Ryan family together, has been recognised by the European Commission as a best practice case study in supporting entrepreneurs. In addition, the acclaimed Female High Fliers programme has been heralded as an international best practice case study in supporting Female Entrepreneurship by the European Training Foundation.
Currently, DCU Ryan Academy is running Propellor SNN Accelerator illustrating the deep industry knowledge, insight and contacts in the Aviation and Travel Tech sector – to be leveraged during the Deep Dive Week.
Bringing startups together through Startup Europe is nothing new for DCU Ryan Academy – one notable example being the “Cross Border Mentorship Week” dedicated to Traveltech & Hardware hosted in 2016, gathering sixteen startups from Berlin, Dublin, Milan, Madrid and Salamanca.
Interested in being part of an international cohort of top startups in Travel Tech & Aviation? Applications are open until 22 April for the Deep Dive Week in Dublin – 21-24 May!